[Distutils] Install a script to <prefix>/sbin instead of <prefix>/bin

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 11:56:16 CET 2013

On 7 December 2013 10:12, Michael Jansen <info at michael-jansen.biz> wrote:
>> I made a proof of concept implementation (not ready to be merged) here
>
> No one interested in that? Got no answer from the maintainers too.

Personally, I'm against the idea on principle, because the bin/sbin
distinction is not a cross-platform concept (Windows does not have
it). For the core tools, I'd prefer *not* to include tools that
encourage platform-specific behaviour (I've seen too many projects in
the past which would work perfectly on Windows except for something
like this).

As a 3rd-party setuptools extension providing utilities that make
writing POSIX-specific packages easier, I see no problem with it,
though.
Paul