[Distutils] PEP449 - Removal of the PyPI Mirror Auto Discovery and Naming Scheme

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 04:31:45 CEST 2013

Heh, this got a "Usenet nod" from me. I wanted to mention this in a
talk tomorrow, so I posted the updated draft in the PEPs repo.

Hopefully the February timeframe is generous enough for Christian to
either talk to the PSF about a cert for f.pypi.python.org, or else
migrate to a different domain name. I think the exact date is the main
open question now - I believe the PEP makes a solid case for why the
status quo can't continue indefinitely.

Cheers,
Nick.