[Distutils] Last PEP 426 update for a while

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 15:46:10 CEST 2013

On 3 August 2013 13:03, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about we go with:
>
> Valid dotted names for:
> - modules
> - namespaces
> - module & name portions of export specifiers
> - export group names
> - extension names
>
> Valid distribution names for:
> - script wrappers
>
> Arbitrary strings for export group entries.

Just pushed these changes. I'm happy to leave the PEP alone for a
while now, as I now think it's a good indication of where we plan to
go (so folks like Vinay, Daniel and Donald can use it as a basis for
development work), while still having appropriate caveats in place to
help ensure people that aren't closely tracking distutils-sig don't
mistake it for a finished specification.

Cheers,
Nick.