[Distutils] distlib updated with resources API

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Sep 27 17:40:12 CEST 2012

Tarek Ziadé <tarek <at> ziade.org> writes:
> > There are two of us maintaining hg.python.org: Georg and I. So, I don't
> > know about Georg, but I don't want to maintain repositories for every
> > third-party library that might one day become part of Python. OTOH, if
> > Georg wants to handle it, then fine
>
> Since I see distutils2, unittest2, stackless and many users repo in there,
> Please define the exact rules here - rather than you willingness to do
> the benevolent work.
>
> and what you mean by maintaining an extra repo exactly.

Maintaining a repo means setting it up and possibly changing the configuration
(e.g. commit hooks) when required. This is all done by hand by one of us.

My main point is not that hg.p.o is closed to new repositories, but that it is
not meant to become a "forge" or an incubator where anyone can create new
Python repos. Is distlib important enough yet?

Regards

Antoine.