[Distutils] zip imports ftw

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sun Sep 16 21:40:07 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-09-16 at 15:33 -0400, Daniel Holth wrote:
> It is because the file has a controversial coding style, with up to 25
> lines of whitespace between classes, and includes functionality for
> eggs and some other stuff that was unwanted on top of the resources
> stuff that partly made its way into pkgutil.

I think maybe there's also a latent notion floating around that "a
resource (aka non-Python files) shouldn't be addressable within Python
packages" aka. "Python should only make it easy to address Python files
in Python packages, but no other kind of file".  I'm not sure I've ever
seen any of the core dev team express this opinion, but I've seen it
floating around elsewhere.

- C