[Distutils] Requires-Dist: unittest2; 'test' in extras

Erik Bray erik.m.bray at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:24:25 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM, PJ Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Daniel Holth <dholth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It looks like you can only install one extra at a time,
>

> Actually, you can specify more than one, using commas.  e.g. "easy_install
> foo[testing,c-extensions,celery-support,...]".

Would we want this to look the same way for pysetup?  Something like
`pysetup install foo[tests,docs]`?  That would be a pretty nice way to
handle docs, tests, and other miscellaneous extra requirements.  I
like the idea of using environment markers for that and not having to
add any new metadata fields.

Using an environment marker might also work for some kind of
build-requires, though support for that would still require some
special machinery.

Erik