[Distutils] zc.buildoutsftp

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jun 29 16:59:02 CEST 2012

If you don't use zc.buildoutsftp on Windows, please ignore :)

Does anyone use zc.buildoutsftp on windows?

There is some windows support that I added several years ago,
presumably because someone sent me a patch.  I don't use
zc.buildoutsftp on Windows myself.

When I wrote, zc.buildoutsftp, it had no automated tests, because I
couldn't figure out a sane way to write automated tests for it.
Recently, I've written mock-based tests, but these tests are
unix-ish-specific.  I know they'll fail on Windows.  I can't say I
really care. :) I'd rather have half-way decent tests that fail on
windows than no tests anywhere.

I've endeavored to write the code in a platform-independent manner,
but without tests, it's easy to screw up.

If anyone is using windows, and is willing to help at least make sure
the new revision works on windows or is willing to help factor the
tests to run on Windows, then I'm happy to work with them.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton