[Distutils] easy_install issues

Fred G bayespokerguy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 19:13:09 CEST 2012

Hi--

I was having some difficulties installing easy_install.  I was following a
tutorial that had me on the command prompt typing
C:/easy_tutorial\ez_setup.py

but in the tutorial this did something else then what my computer did.  For
me, a notepad file with a python script opened when I did this, instead of
actually running anything.  I've spent a good 2-3 hours looking at the
easy_install documentation, downloading a free software to open .tar.gz
files, opening various egg files and .py files, and haven't gotten anywhere
really.

Is there a very basic step-by-step guide for how to install it that doesn't
come up in a google search for this? Or a good description that can explain
things in an easy way? I have python 2.7.3 and would really like to get
this module installed.