[Distutils] buildout & develop

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:03:48 CEST 2011

I am in the current situation, I have an application that uses a lot of
libraries (ETS / pyqt...).

In plus there for every application there are a lot of eggs, which are
actually directory eggs.

At the moment we run everything in a brutal way messing up with the
system, but I thought
that we can change this using
- a pypi server on localhost
- zc.buildout and smarter setup.py files

To run in production mode it looks relatively easy, build the eggs in a
place
where the pypiserver looks and run everything.

But is it possible to use the equivalent of "setup.py develop"?

Ideally whenever I save a new file it should run the python setup.py
develop only for that
where it belongs, any idea on how to do something like this?