[Distutils] pythonv: let's also make sure the standard Python install includes an "isolated" python

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Fri Mar 18 16:18:02 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> None. Barry's been using Ubuntu too long and has forgotten that Mac OS
> X is Unix. :)

There's also the fact that Python on Mac OS X builds with a .exe
extension; I don't recall it getting installed that way, though.  On a
case-senseless filesystem, distinguishing the "python" executable from
the "Python" directory in the sources requires that unfortunate
extension.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein