[Distutils] pythonv: let's also make sure the standard Python install includes an "isolated" python

Carl Meyer carl at oddbird.net
Thu Mar 17 22:33:54 CET 2011

On 03/17/2011 05:13 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I suggest the following:
>
> Look for argv[0]+'.pythonv' and then for '../pythonv.cfg'.
>
> So if I've linked the Python executable to ./bin/clean, look for
> ./bin/clean.pythonv and ./pythonv.cfg.

Nice - I like the ability to have multiple interpreters side-by-side
with different pythonv configurations.

Is ".cfg" generally preferred to ".conf" for some good reason? I don't
personally care too much; the former is shorter but the latter looks
less ugly to me ;-)

And I kind of dislike the inconsistency in extension; would
"clean.pythonv.cfg" be acceptable?

To simplify documentation and allow more flexibility, I might just check
for all four: first the executable-specific one in both directories,
then the general one in both directories.

Carl