[Distutils] Proposed change to buildout configuration-file handling

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Mar 6 21:00:37 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Benji York <benji at benjiyork.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
>> An annoyance in buildout configurations, resulting from it's use of
>> ConfigParser, is that configuration data lines are stripped of leading
>> spaces.
>
> +1
>
> How should we handle the dedenting?
>
> Would both of these assignments produce the same result? (I.e., no
> leading whitespace at all):
>
> foo =
>    first line
>    second line
>    third line
>
> foo = first line
>    second line
>    third line

I'm thinking no. The first example would have no leading whitespace,
but the second would have leading whitespace on the send and third lines.

I can maybe see treating values that begin on the option line differently,
but fear that would make the mechanism too hard to explain.  I'm interested
in other folks opinions though.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton