[Distutils] [buildout] zc.buildout.testing.install(_develop) and test setup slowness

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 11:24:17 CEST 2010

Hi All,

Can anyone explain how or why zc.buildout.testing.install and
zc.buildout.testing.install_develop don't install the dependencies of
the package you specify?

I'm writing a recipe that requires the Zope2 package to be present, and
it has rather a lot of dependent packages. The pattern with buildout
recipe tests seems to be to manually install the package under test with
zc.buildout.testing.install_develop and then each required package with
zc.buildout.testing.install.

For Zope2, this doesn't scale so well ;-)

Also, even doing the manual install above is *really* slow, I have a
test that now takes 20-30 seconds before it even starts running :-(

Any ideas how to make this situation better?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk