[Distutils] [buildout] problems moving from a develop'ed egg to a release

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 11:13:32 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I've been working with svn checkouts of a couple of packages by placing
them in the develop key of my default.cfg.

Now, I want to stop doing that, so I removed the lines from default.cfg
and re-ran the buildout.

I was expecting to have complaints about packages not being available,
but instead, the develop eggs (ie: the svn checkouts) just kept on being
used...

...I ever tried putting in specific requirements in the versions section
of my buildout, that I knew the develop eggs wouldn't meet (r100000
wont' exist for a while yet!)

No dice, the develop eggs in the checkouts still get used!

Here's selected output:

$ bin/buildout -vv
Configuration data:
[versions]
repoze.bfg.chameleon_genshi = 0.1-r9432
repoze.bfg.xmlrpc = 0.3
We have a develop egg: demo release
Getting required 'repoze.bfg.chameleon-genshi'
   required by demo release.
We have a develop egg: repoze.bfg.chameleon-genshi 0.1-r9431
Getting required 'repoze.bfg.xmlrpc==0.3'
We have a develop egg: repoze.bfg.xmlrpc 0.3

How do I get buildout to stop using these develop'ed checkouts and go
get a package from an index?

cheers,

Chris