[Distutils] Distributing __only__ *.pyc

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:57:47 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Floris Bruynooghe
<floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Definitely off-topic by now, sorry
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:44:59AM +0100, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>> Semi-related:
>> I have met someone at Rupy that is using a crypted egg format, with a
>> special importer.
>
> I've wondered about this before but surely you still have the importer
> outside of your encrypted archive as well as the key, so in the end
> it is only another simple step in the chain to discover the source.

I don't know about the protocol in details. I think eggs acts as
crypted plugins that are dropped in a specific folder
users can access, and the rest of the system is unreachable.

But yeah, as long as you have a hand on the interpreter, you can break
it I guess.

I can ask that person if you are interested.

Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org