[Distutils] zc.buildout fails to use system-installed dep?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Dec 8 12:21:55 CET 2010

On 12/05/2010 11:14 PM, Alan Franzoni wrote:
> I've verified this happens all the times on Ubuntu 10.10, both 32 and
> 64 bit. I don't know if it's Ubuntu's or zc.buildout's fault; I've
> opened a ticket.

I have the same problem on ubuntu.  I never managed to find out what the
real reason is, but my guess is that it's ubuntu's way of installing
python packages for multiple python versions.  You have a
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/ directory, but also a
/usr/lib/pyshared/python2.6/, for instance.  Something somewhere is
doing some funny sys.path mangling, probably ubuntu.

The end result is that I still haven't gotten buildout 1.5.x to work on
ubuntu with the system packages that I need.  I'm still at 1.4.4 with
the custom 1.4-x-only bootstrap, in combination with osc.recipe.sysegg

I hope to have some debugging-time in January, as it is pretty
irritating not to be able to use buildout 1.5.x ;-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Collega's gezocht!