[Distutils] [venv] Re: two questions about virtualenv

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 22:22:04 CEST 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 3:56 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>> Buildbots seem to be in short supply  though they should be easy
>> enough to come by in this day and age of penny-an-hour cloud
>> computing.
>>
>> I think I'll see if maybe I can just whip up something about this...
>
> Not sure if you're aware, but the latest version of buildbot
> includes support for managing ec2-based slaves.  That's an easy way
> to get all the slaves you can afford.

No, I did not know that, thanks!

Thing is, with ec2's high prices, the number of servers I could afford
to put up would be pretty limited.  I was thinking more along the
lines of options at Rackspace and others (@ Rackspace, for example,
1.5 cents/hr for 256MB 10 GB server).

Maybe the best thing to do is just extend buildbot to handle other
server types where the prices aren't quite so steep.

Thanks for the heads up!