[Distutils] Alternate static metadata PEP submission...

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Oct 14 05:05:25 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Floris Bruynooghe
<floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com> wrote:
> To me it would seem a little early to start a PEP like this, there's
> been virtually no discussion about this particular proposal nor any
> proof of concept code.  And given the scope of wanting to change the
> entire way build-steps are declared some code that can give experience
> and show the good and bad points seems important to me.

Could an example API be encapsulated in something like this in setup.py?

  from test_this_pep import setup_cfg
  setup(other args, **setup_cfg())

Then packages could be converted to test it out, without breaking the package.

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org  |  http://topplabs.org/civichacker