[Distutils] PEP 345 - 3 new fields

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Nov 30 13:20:27 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > […] I thought we'd just agreed in this thread: that the changelog
> > should be *in a separate file*. Putting it into one field among many
> > ignores the fact that it's often long, and growing every release.
>
> It can be a file of course in your distribution, but at the end, it
> has to be a field in the metadata,

I don't understand the distinction you're making here. What is the
difference between “in your distribution” versus “in the end”?

Are you making a distinction between “source distribution (sdist)”
versus “installed package on the end user's computer”? Or something
else?

--
 \              “Dvorak users of the world flgkd!” —Kirsten Chevalier, |
  `\                                                rec.humor.oracle.d |