[Distutils] PEP 386 status - last round here ?

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:27:04 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
[lots of explanation]

Thanks for these explanations Toshio. I am starting to think that
whatever we use on Python side will be fine for you guys, (and for
Ubuntu/Fedora guys), as long as it is
described in the PEP.

So I think that using '.' as we stated before "works" for everyone,

Now about the usage of "a1" as alpha for us, and a post release patch for you,
this is something that won't be changed because it's deeply used in
the Python community, (by Python itself, and most framworks) so we
need to keep a status quo.

> ?) Where does 1.0-post123 fall in your list?

post would always be prefixed by "+" in Piotr release IIRC

Regards
Tarek