[Distutils] Utility to mirror an egg index from a Debian distribution

Brian Sutherland brian at vanguardistas.net
Mon May 18 09:58:17 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 07:13:43AM -0400, David Lyon wrote:

> Hi Brian,

Hi David,

> It sounds interesting. I might be interested in helping.

Great :)

> What I would like to do is make a test script to download all the
> packages off pypi and build them under multiple platforms.
>
> Basically, I want to make some tests that will try to install
> "everything" and then deinstall "everything" and see what happens.
>
> I'm not sure if this has ever been done.. but it might provide
> some interesting test results..

It think that could give some good information, especially about
dependency issues, and perhaps file conflicts.

> Maybe it's similar...

Unfortunately I don't think it's similar enough to fold these 2 projects
into one. I'm basically trying to re-make pypi (or a list of links to
pypi) from a Debian repository. I.e something that looks like this:

    http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/

Also, while I will probably be downloading most of the tarballs, I
definitely won't be installing anything.

--
Brian Sutherland