[Distutils] setuptools and py3k

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 10:53:42 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Ronald Oussoren<ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

>> Great work.

+1

> This is only a first step, I'm found a number of annoying issues that might
> require interface changes to get right (such a number of functions in
> pkg_resources that claim to return a string, but actually return bytes (by
> opening a file in binary mode and returning the file contents).  Hopefully
> I'll have a set of patches soonish, that would make discussion easier.

There are also a lot of important pending patches for setuptools 'trunk'

Phillip, can we move forward and retire the 0.6.x branch with a final release,
then start to work on the python 3 port  in the 0.7 branch ?

Do you need help to do this / how may I help to speed up this final release ?

Regards
Tarek