[Distutils] Distutils functionality questions/clarifications...

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Tue Jun 2 14:38:00 CEST 2009

Hi All,

After being given the following page...:

 http://docs.python.org/distutils/builtdist.html

I have some comments... distutils looks really good...

from the developer side....

Just some minor questions...

 1) Debian+ubuntu .deb support? working? not-working? Status?

 2) Mac Support? Working? same - how well? documentation is vague

 3) windows installers for packages - can we kill them? or
    how do we move to something better...

I'm wondering what people think about having a gui interface
to drive all this technical wizardry....

When I finish my current workload... I'm wondering what could
be done to make things even better than they currently are
on this front.

David