[Distutils] [Distribute] Python 3 porting effort - plans proposal for 0.7/0.8

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:18:08 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Lennart Regebro<regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/23 Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>:
>> So how this will look at the end ? a conversion function that can be
>> called when releasing
>> for instance ?
>
> Something like that. There is a port.sh script that will make a port
> (from a copy in /tmp/) and I used that to do the Python 3 tgz's before
> if I remember correctly. There are other options.

Ok then , what about working on that script within the default branch,
I don't think it interfers at all with the rest,

I have a release.sh script that creates all .egg and the .tar.gz,
You could add your things in a separate directory in the repo and hook
it in release.sh and possibly in setup.py, so it builds for python 3,

If everyone agrees and if you have time to do this,

I can postpone the 0.6 release for a week or so, until this is ready, so we can
have 0.6 for Python 3.

In any case I am going for a week of vacation starting tomorrow, so the
0.6 will not be released before august the 3rd,

Tarek
--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org