[Distutils] [distribute] Python 3 support checked in, and fucked everything up.

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 11:23:15 CEST 2009

2009/7/18 Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com>:
>> OK, great, thanks!
>> (The regebro-python3 branch is still visible though, which is
>> unfortunate, and I of course still have no idea what I did wrong.)
>
> And, when you make a new clone, you get the python3-branch, not the
> setuptools-0.6 branch, which you are supposed to.

I'm not familiar with the structure of the repository, and I don't
want to start a "how to use Mercurial" thread here, but it sounds to
me like the issue may be that you're using named branches - which to
me seem like an "advanced" and somewhat difficult to use feature.

I'd recommend using separate clones for branching.
Paul.