[Distutils] Colour this bikeshed: Name for setuptools fork

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 11:07:45 CEST 2009

I'm also extremely upset that none of the following options were not
present in the poll:

awesometools: Best name suggested so far.
cheesecloth: Because it's what you have cheese in.
dinsdale: A Monthy Python reference that has nothing to do with packaging.
tzat: Tarek Ziadés Awesome Tools. Never mind everybody will think it
has to do with timezones.
distsetuputiltools: Because its what it is.
packaging.tools.setup.distribute: Because namespaces are awesome.
bikesheddingNG: So people know where the important discussions lie.

2009/7/18 Kevin Teague <kevin at bud.ca>:

> On Jul 17, 2009, at 7:25 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
>
>> Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> here's a Poll with the two finalists
>>
>> Huh? A dictatorship doesn't involve a poll.
>>

> Exactly! A *true* dictator would write something like:
>
> "Enough is enough! The project shall now and forever be knwon as
> 'tarektools'. Do not bother wasting your time objecting, as I am no longer
> going to respond to this thread."

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64