[Distutils] Announcing the 'Distribute' project

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jul 17 16:53:48 CEST 2009

David Lyon wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:17:47 +0100, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> packagetools yes, but we already have pkg_tools :-S
>
> packagetools is very easy to read, talks about 'packages' and
> may be vaigely reminiscent to setuptools...

packagetools or pypackaging would make me happy, if we can't get PJE to
either allow us access to setuptools or if no-one has the guts to just
use setuptools2 (which is exactly what this project is ;-) )

I'm annoyed by the poll because it only had two crap options on it for
the first majority of the votes. Tarek doesn't see this as a problem
(because it sees 'distribute' stay as the project name) and is sure it's
all fair because people can re-vote if they want to.

So, if you voted and wanted something other than "distribute" or
"redbarrel", please re-vote. If your option isn't there, please consider
selecting the awkwardly named third column option.

Myself, I'd prefer an option not on there, but I don't know what to do,
if I change my vote, the only other option on the poll stands less
chance of succeeding.

Myself, I'd prefer setuptools2, packagetools, pypackaging, disttools,
{anything else} in that order...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk