[Distutils] [Distribute] What versions should we support?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 23:20:03 CEST 2009

2009/7/16 Encolpe Degoute <encolpe.degoute at free.fr>:
> Lennart Regebro a écrit :
>> More specifically, Python 2.3 and/or 2.4?
>>
>> The current trunk (or whatever mercurial calls it) doesn't work with
>> 2.4, because of a try/except/finally clause. That's fixable, but I
>> ain't gonna fix it if we don't want to support 2.4 any more. I would
>> claim that we should support 2.4.
>
> -1
> Even debian maintainers don't want to support python 2.4 anymore.

Well, don't want to is not really a question here, Python 2.4 is still
used a lot. If we don't support it, anybody who needs to support 2.4
(which means all of the Plone world, for a year or two more) can't use
Distribute. And I don't think supporting 2.4 will be difficult.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64