[Distutils] "setup.py needs to go away" (was [PEP 376] - Open questions on python-dev)

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Sat Jul 11 11:58:05 CEST 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:02:39 -0400, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> I was really just pointing out that there isn't
> anythin special about web developers.  Really the need relates to
> application development.  That is, wen application developer's needs
> aren't really different from other application developers' needs.

Just for my own education..

Why is there so many problems with python hosting? What I mean
is that any linux host that can run python should be able to
do web hosting easily. Say like run zope/plone.

Is this due to difficulties in getting packages onto a web host?

What could be done in an ideal world to make it a snap to
run zope on my cheapy linux web hosting service (that already
has python)?

David