[Distutils] RFC PEP 386 : Version comparisons

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 11:52:44 CEST 2009

Hi

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 01:09:34PM -0400, P.J. Eby wrote:
> It should be possible to implement all the development schemes I know of
> using something like:
>
>     X(.X?)*([abc]X?)?(.postX?)?(.devX?)?
>
> where "X" expands to (\d+).

I've made a fork of verlib implementing this simplified postdev
handling: http://bitbucket.org/flub/verlib/

Tarek has write access to it too, but it's probably best if it gets
merged at least into a branch on the original repo if this needs to
live for any decent length of time.

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom