[Distutils] Python people want CPAN and how the latter came about

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 07:22:09 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 23:20, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> If someone would like to give us a good reason to upload

Not having multiple points of failure. When you need to set up an
environment for testing or production with all the parts you need, the
more servers you need to download modules from, the higher the
likelyhood that one of them is down, preventing you from setting up
that environment.

> or explain how uploading might be made easy, maybe we'd start doing it :).

Can't help you there, sorry.

--
Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/
Python 3 Porting: http://python-incompatibility.googlecode.com/