[Distutils] Finishing PEP 345

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 20:23:02 CET 2009

2009/12/23 "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:
>>> BTW: how is "==" specified? Is "2.5.4" == "2.5"?
>>> If not, would
>>> "2.5, 2.6" really mean "either Python 2.5 or Python 2.6, but neither
>>> 2.5.1 nor 2.6.1"?
>>
>> Yes, 2.5 concerns all 2.5.x versions, but a micro version could be given as well
>> I am changing this
>
> Are you sure this is a good idea?

The use case I see is : an important ssl security version is released
in 2.6.5 and a project
that uses ssl updates its metadata and releases a new version that
makes sure Python 2.5 users have that security patch

  Requires-Python: >=2.6.5

Then encourages its users to update their versions.

> Does that apply to all PEP 386 version numbers?

Not sure what you mean here,

Regards,
Tarek

--