[Distutils] Static metadata using setup.cfg

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 09:11:15 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:13 AM, David Lyon<david.lyon at preisshare.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:58:47 +0200, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> btw,  I have a working prototype for the setup.cfg.in template file,
>> I'll push here when I get home tonite, for feedback
>
> This seems somewhat unfair that I cannot participate in the
> development of this.
>
> I've asked you onlist and offlist how I go about this but I
> never get any answer.
>
> Now you claim to have "closed" source on this...
>
> Not nice - Tarek...

I've always answered your private mails and IMs, that's not very rewarding :)

I have done a prototype (=not closed, not finished) right after the
discussion, in
the train back home, and I got your private mail *after* that telling
me that you
wanted to participate.

I was waiting to push it on a public repo so people here (including you)
could participate in it if they wanted. And I was going to answer to
your mail at that moment.

I am sorry if you feel frustrated somehow, but this was not my intent.

I guess the best way to exchange is to stick in this mailing list and
in the code that get
published.

Cheers

Tarek