[Distutils] how do I add some functionality to my setup.py which is testable and modular?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Aug 19 02:11:03 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn <zooko at zooko.com>wrote:

> ... and Glyph refuses to accept my patch which fixes it because the fix
> isn't testable ...

Hi, Zooko :).

Since this message officially makes me That Jerk Who Is Forcing The Issue,
I've finally joined distutils-sig.

Thank you for writing up the whole thing with such a detailed bibliography.
 I'll reply to PJE's message shortly.

(For what it's worth, I wouldn't quite characterize it like that.  More like
"Twisted and Nevow refuse to accept these patches because their policy
requires testability."  I didn't make a personal decision to exclude these
patches; the contributors have achieved a consensus about testability.  The
fact that we all arrived at that consensus because I said so in the first
place is irrelevant ;-)).