[Distutils] Deprecate MANIFEST.in

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:32:29 CEST 2009

2009/4/6 P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com>:
> At 04:43 PM 4/6/2009 +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 16:04, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
>> > I don't understand why you're so anxious to deprecate something without
>> > first understanding what it's for.
>>
>> If nobody understands it, that is in itself reason to replace it with
>> something people understand.
>
> I mean understanding the use cases and how distutils features are used in
> the field.  Deprecating something that people do understand and use, simply
> because you don't understand or use it, is not responsible stewardship for a
> stdlib package, IMO.

This is your point of view. But not the point of view of other people.

And quit saying this is a unresponsible stewardship.

IMHO the way you are driving setuptools since a few month now is *way* worse
than anything done in this field.

Unlike you, I am here to discuss things and try to find a consensus among
people. And we have made more progress in a few months than you did I think.
(people are working together and are not facing a bottleneck anymore)

I didn't understand in the first place why people were moving away from
distutils-SIG, now I get it .

So please make you points but don't attack people that are trying to move things
forward this is not a correct behavior in the Python community.

--
Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org
Blog FR | http://programmation-python.org