[Distutils] [Fwd: Re: Annoucing distribute project]

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Sep 27 03:27:22 CEST 2008

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> You're not building a brand new bridge where there was no bridge
> before. You're trying to upgrade an existing bridge that people use
> for their daily commute.

But that hasn't been decided. Whether to upgrade the
existing bridge or build a new one is precisely
what we're debating. And it seems to me that the
easiest way to avoid disrupting existing traffic
*is* to build a new bridge alongside and then
scrap the old one.

If the existing bridge isn't too badly run down
and is basically still the kind of bridge you want,
upgrading it may make sense. But that doesn't seem
to be the case with the distutils bridge.

--
Greg