[Distutils] "Python Package Management Sucks"

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 13:38:00 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>wrote:

> (I'll be CC'ing the distutils sig in to these replies as this discussion
> probably belongs there...)
>
> Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
>
>> The slides for my two talks can be found here:
>>>
>>> http://www.simplistix.co.uk/presentations
>>>

>> "Python Package Management Sucks"
>>
>> Install debian and get back to productive tasks.

haha. :)

I just wanted to react on that:  I have created a setuptools-enabled package
for Pylint (logilab.pylintinstaller, see
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/logilab.pylintinstaller) with the bless of
Logilab, so people under Windows could use the tool with a one-liner
installation process...

So if you like Pylint and Python but you don't use Debian you can use that.

Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org
Blog FR | http://programmation-python.org
Blog EN | http://tarekziade.wordpress.com/