[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] distribute D.C. sprint tasks

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Oct 13 23:35:34 CEST 2008

> How often do you run it ? I guess a daily update is enough for the grand total ?

I think it still runs daily. There was one complaint about that, but the
 user could accept that as a policy after understanding what happened (he
thought the feature was broken as there was no immediate update).

> 1/ each mirror maintain simple text-based stats pages, with the local
> count, reachable from an url  (/local_stats)
> 2/ PyPI modifies its script so it injects its apache count + the
> registered mirrors local counts
> 3/ PyPI maintains a simple text stats page, with the grand count    (/stats)

Sounds fine to me. Expect that to become a long file, though, with one
line per file (roughly 20000 files with at least one download).

> one stat page represents one day, and the stats are presented in
> folders that represents the year and the month

I wonder whether it might be easier to have a single file, with the
totals for that server.

> iw.recipe.fss/iw.recipe.fss-0.2.1.tar.gz = 123
> foo.bar/foo.bar-0.3.tar.gz = 12

I would drop the "=" in that syntax.

Regards,
Martin