[Distutils] setuptools/buildout: why only one index server configurable

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Nov 27 13:35:43 CET 2008

On 27.11.2008 13:32 Uhr, Chris Withers wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:
>> in buildout I can define only one alternative index server using
>> 'index = http://pypi.zopyx.com'. Now we are in the situation where we
>> are running two internal index servers (one for our own internal
>> packages and one PyPI mirror). Is there some reason for this
>> limitation? I assume this is a limitation/feature coming from setuptools?
>
> Is there some reason adding find-links with your other indexes in
> doesn't work? It works for me in the same situation...

The index package for a complete PyPI mirror is pretty long (too long to
be loaded and to be parsed). In addition we would have to update the
index page for our internal egg server upon every change. We do that
right now but it sux. Using 'index' is appearently much cleaner and
resource-friendly.

Andreas