[Distutils] Easy Install - download an egg

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:05:30 CET 2008

This is a dumb question, but I can't find the answer in the
easy_install documentation (I have to say, I always find that page
hard to follow...)

How do I use easy_install to just locate and download an egg (not install it)?

Suppose I have a directory "eggs" and I want to grab a batch of eggs
from PyPI or wherever. I can simply go to the appropriate download
pages with my web browser, and download the files, but surely I can
get easy_install to grab the files for me?

Thanks,
Paul.