[Distutils] [issue24] Rename easy_install

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jun 16 02:57:04 CEST 2008

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> What do you mean, "sounds like"?  It *is* marketing propaganda.  And it
> worked very well, I might add.  ;-)

Maybe on some people, but I tend to get turned off
by that sort of thing.

In any case, if it gets into the core, then the
marketing aspect will have done its job and will no
longer be necessary.

> (On a side note, I find it tremendously amusing that this particular
> bike shed seems to be attracting the *most* attention, out of all the
> things that need to be fixed, improved, or replaced altogether.)

Any discussion of that sort seems to get hopelessly
bogged down, so bikeshedding is all that's left for
people to do.

--
Greg