[Distutils] [zc.recipe.egg] why would eggs get updated when not specified?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jul 16 15:54:27 CEST 2008

On Jul 15, 2008, at 8:03 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Reading this:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.recipe.egg#egg-updating
>
> So, the eggs options is removed from the recipe.

from the part section.

Note that this isn't important and illustrates the rather dumb feature
that if you omit the eggs option, the part name is used as the value
of the eggs section.  This feature should be deprecated.

> Why then would the demo egg be updated towards the end of the section?

This has nothing to dowith whether the eggs option was used.  The egg
is updated at the end because we ran buildout in the default mode
which looks for newest versions of distributions.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation