[Distutils] setuptools Fails with Subversion 1.5

Augie Fackler lists at durin42.com
Tue Feb 26 05:20:57 CET 2008

Hey all,

With Subversion 1.5 entering alpha, I've been using it for more than
just a few projects, and I've noticed that setuptools fails to run in
a 1.5 working copy. For the short term, I've found that I can just
modify the setuptools source to trust that version 9 WCs will work the
same as version 8 WCs. The diff for that is attached.

Based on what I've read of subversion's README on the format of the
entries file, the modification I've made should be just fine - the
overall structure of the file is the same, there's just some new tags
possible which will already not get stuck in the regex already in
place. In my local testing, using setuptools for installing files
works just fine with this patch in place.

Peace,
Augie Fackler