[Distutils] Ignoring site-packages when running zc.buildout tests

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Oct 30 23:48:35 CET 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 6:34 PM, Ross Patterson wrote:

> I have python-setuptools installed through my OS and zc.buildout
> installed with easy_install.  I'd like to be able to ignore these when
> running the zc.buildout tests (or tests for other projects that handle
> distributions) so that the system packages don't interfere with the
> testing environment.
>
> Any ideas?

Your test runner could arrange that site-packages is excluded from
sys.path.

I plan to add an option to the various egg-related recipes, including
the test runner recipe, to exclude site-packages when looking for eggs.

>   Should the zc.buildout tests be modified or should my
> system?

Probably. Note that the zc.buildout tests only work when run from a
zc.buildout checkout.  I need to fix this.

Also note that a number of the tests expect the name of the Python
interpreter to be of the form: "pythonN.N". Some tests require Python
2.3 to be around so they can test support for multiple interpreters.

In other words, the buildout tests are a bit of a pain to run,

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation