[Distutils] buildout and console scripts in dependencies

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Oct 25 15:29:17 CEST 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:28 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Is this a bug or feature? It's certainly a bit annoying, since I now
> have to work out which packages have the console scripts I need. :)

This is a feature.  I would fine it annoying to have dependency
scripts implicitly installed.

Generally, I would expect you to know which scripts you "need",
<shrug/>

If someone wants to add a feature to install scripts fro
dependencies, I would not object, but I can't justify spending time
on this myself.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton