[Distutils] I need to create a customized Fedora live cd with Python applications on it

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed May 30 17:42:59 CEST 2007

At 11:29 AM 5/30/2007 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:

>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>
> > (By the way, you can always add those lines to the root user's
> > $HOME/.pydistutils.cfg instead of editing individual setup.cfg
> > files.  Then, any packages installed (or RPMs built) by the root user
> > will include .pyo files.)
>
>Ugh.   Please don't encourage anybody to *build* RPMs as root:  that is
>a "worst pracice," encouraging broken packages, and risking nasty damage
>to the build system.  Building as a non-rool user ensures that the .spec
>file uses a proper buildroot.

I'm was just noting that if the bytecode compilation is a
post-install step, the config would have to be in the root user's
$HOME.  But in truth, that's not actually necessary, now that I'm
thinking about it.  The key is whether the .pyo files get listed in
the installed files list, and that's determined by the builder, not
the installer, IIUC.