[Distutils] Whose problem is this?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Feb 13 17:42:46 CET 2007

At 08:43 AM 2/13/2007 -0600, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>Online help for setuptools itself works fine though.
>
>Is that a pydoc problem, a Python problem, an easy_install problem or what?

It's a pydoc problem that's fixed in Python 2.5.  You can work around it by
installing your eggs unzipped, using the -Z option to easy_install.

At some point, I intend to release a hotfix version of pydoc, doctest, and
a few other fixed module for use with older versions of Python, but haven't
gotten around to it yet.  The tricky thing is that there are some Python
2.5 features added (or removed) that mean I can't just slap the 2.5
versions in an egg and call it done.  I essentially need to cherry-pick the
revisions that fix the zip problems.