[Distutils] Alternates in SetupTools dependencies?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Sun Feb 11 00:26:45 CET 2007

I'm starting to package OpenGLContext as a series of .eggs but I seem to
be missing something key:

    What's the syntax for declaring "I require numpy or Numeric"

I could declare them as "extras", but it's not that they are
individually extras, one or the other is *required* for the PyVRML97
library.  Similar problem with "PyGame or PyGame-ctypes" they are
work-alikes (or closely enough to use either) and we can work with
whichever one is installed (preferably choosing the items in order to
attempt installation).

I don't see any documentation for this (extremely common) case on the
setuptools page.  Is it just some obvious thing that I'm missing?

Thanks all,
Mike