[Distutils] buildouts upgrades in production

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:34:08 CET 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:

> I would avoid "upgrade in place" scenarios for production use:  roll an
> entirely new deployment into a separate directory, use repozo to dump
> and reload the ZODB, bring up the new version, test, then switch the
> port numbers.

What I forgot to mention is that the .fs files where backed up and set back
after update,
but I didn't thought about using repozo, thanks !

For the upgrade in place, i guess that is just a matter of backing it up
before rolling
the update, because in most case our updates are done like this:

1/ an apache directive switches users to a admisitrative page outside Zope
2/ the zope directory is backed up in some place
3/ it is updated then tested
4/ the apache is switched back