[Distutils] Disabling --single-version-externally-managed

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Aug 29 18:42:58 CEST 2007

At 01:14 AM 8/29/2007 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
>I have some packages that I'm using the following with:
>
>%{__python} setup.py install -O1 --skip-build --root $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
>I now need to install multiple versions of one of the packages and so
>need to disable the implicit --single-version-externally-managed. How
>can I do so and still use setup.py install?

You can't.  You can use something like this, though, to make an RPM
that installs a non-active egg:

    setup.py easy_install --prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr -mx .

The -mx means not to install a .pth or scripts, and the --prefix will
set the base installation directory.  The '.' means install the
package whose source is in the current directory.